This article gives you a detailed overview of turning the Belgian Hamilton Beach waffle iron 26031. Model 26031 is an upgraded model 26030. The only difference is that 26031 has copper clad wafer plates, not 26030 with teflon clad plates. It is well constructed, durable and comes with removable grids (plates) that make cleaning the unit much easier. This waffle iron bakes 1 Belgian style round waffle in 5-8 minutes, which can easily be divided into 4 pieces. These waffles are much thicker than the thin, crispy ego-style waffles that make the best classic American waffles. This machine has a turning mechanism with which you can rotate the grids, so that the dough is evenly distributed over the waffle grids. In the end, the waffle will be better prepared on both sides. With two removable waffle bowls and a dishwasher safe device, this appliance is very easy to clean. You can simply remove the plates and put them in the dishwasher. This waffle iron is expensive, so it is not among the cheapest waffles available online. If you want to buy a safer Teflon-free waffle iron, you should read this article about the best ceramic Teflon-free waffle iron. If you want a machine to make waffles, burgers and paninis, read this article about the best manufacturers of detachable plate paninis.
- Waffle plates are removable and dishwasher safe.
- easy to clean
- The temperature handle has different shades
- no power button (to turn off the unit, unplug the power cord from the wall socket)
- no digital timer
- is more expensive than most Belgian wafer manufacturers, but it is well made and has a long lifespan.
Hamilton Beach has 26031 Belgian waffle iron with swivel function
- Easy to handle waffle fillets for the production of thick and soft waffles for Belgian restaurants.
- Cool handle, easily foldable handle for easy storage
- The brushed stainless steel outer jacket ensures a long service life.
- Advanced heating technology ensures even cooking and tanning.
- The non-stick coating ensures easy disconnection and trouble-free cleaning.
- With the adjustable tanning regulator you can adjust the temperature to make the waffles crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- The red light indicates when the power is on.
- Two green baking indicators that indicate when to fill the dough and when to make your waffles (one on the lid and one on the bottom of the appliance)
- The drip tray catches the excess dough.
- Removable grids and drip trays are dishwasher safe and therefore easier to clean.
- Product dimensions : 10.5 x 16 x 9.2 inch
- Item weight: 4.7 pounds.
How to use the Hamilton Beach Belgian waffle iron 26031
1. Plug the power plug into the wall socket. The red Power ON lamp lights up. Spray a small amount of non-stick spray on the grids before preheating.
2. Select the desired tanning setting (MIN-3) and heat with the lid closed until the green ready indicator lights up.
3. Lift the lid and pour about 1 cup (250 ml) of dough in the middle of the racks so that the dough is evenly distributed and filled between the racks. Then lower the lid and make sure not to pour too much dough on the rack as it may overflow. The kit contains an infusion that you put under the plates to catch the excess dough.
4. Then, within 10 seconds of lowering the lid, turn the cold start button clockwise to turn and lock the waffle iron. The wafer is cooked in about 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the setting, the recipe and when the steam stops.
5. Turn the handle anticlockwise with a glove and open the lid. Always use a glove to protect your hand when opening a hot waffle iron. The steam that escapes can burn your skin.
6. Remove the cake with plastic or wooden trays. Do not use metal objects as they may damage the non-stick coating of the device. After cooking, unplug the appliance and allow it to cool down.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Hamilton Beach 26030 Belgian Waffle Iron Flip is supplied with removable plates (grids) ?
Yeah, that’s it. It comes with 2 removable waffle nets that can be washed in the dishwasher. This means you can just put them in the dishwasher as soon as you’re done with them. This waffle iron is therefore very easy to clean and is an interesting feature that many people look for when buying waffles.
Why do you need a Browning controller?
It allows you to vary the temperature at which you want to bake the dough. The inscriptions on the dial are Min, 1, 2 and 3. If you want your waffles to be a little browner and crisper, you have to choose something between 2 and 3.
How do I know when to pour the dough?
There is a green baking ready indicator that indicates when the waffle iron is preheated and ready to pour the batter onto the rack.
How do you know when the waffle oven stops baking your Belgian waffle?
The green indicator light goes out when the appliance starts cooking and comes back on when it is ready. Depending on the recipe used, this takes 5 to 8 minutes.
Can the waffle iron be opened with bare hands?
No. Don’t do that. Do not touch the lid with your bare hand, because the lid is very hot and the steam that escapes can burn your hand.
Hamilton Beach 26030 Belgian Waffle Bowl Flip comes with a drip tray to recover excess dough ?
Yeah, that’s it. Just place it under the instrument while pouring the dough. It catches the excess dough if you pour too much on the rack.
How thick are the waffles?
Waffles are over half an inch thick.
How deep are the pockets in the waffles?
The pockets are 1/4 to 3/8 inches deep.
Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle House is equipped with a ?timer.
No, it’s not. Most wafer manufacturers don’t have a timer. You must use the egg timer or another timer to know when to turn off the unit.
Do Belgian waffle manufacturers have a timer?
Yes, we do. A very popular Belgian waffle iron is the Presto 03510 FlipSide (with timer), made of stainless steel and equipped with a digital timer. It does not come with removable grids, but these panels are covered with a non-stick coating, making them very easy to clean.
Will this waffle shop close when the baking of your waffles is finished?
No, it’s not. It does not come with an on/off switch. To turn off the device, unplug it from the wall outlet.
hamilton beach belgian waffle maker,secura waffle maker reviews
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.